Diversified Business Communications UK GDPR Policy Statement.
Diversified Business Communications UK aims to always show transparency and fairness in the collection and use of data, and to let individuals know for what purpose their data will be used. We aim to:
- Make it clear to individuals who register for our events, websites or publication subscriptions, for what purpose the information is held and that they can unsubscribe at any point.
- Where people wish to unsubscribe, we will ask specific information about which names and companies they want to unsubscribe and for which products.
- We will only hold data for a given period. If we have had no transaction or activity with a contact on our database, it will be deleted after a maximum of 5 years. This applies to all data, including: customers, staff, job candidates and any other information we hold on individuals.
- Information held is confidential and will be used only for the purpose it is intended and for which permission has been granted (i.e. no selling of data to third parties unless permission has been granted).
- We must be able to show where we obtained our data from and on which date consent was obtained.
- All registration forms must explain that due to the rules, we need consent that our customers are happy to be contacted about directly relevant events, to be mailed a magazine, or to be contacted by email, post or phone. Individuals who register with us must be told that they can withdraw consent at any time.
- Visitors to events will, in addition, be informed via a sign at the entrance and a notice in the show guide, that by allowing an exhibitor or sponsor to scan their badge, or in any other way providing details, they are giving consent for that exhibitor or sponsor to contact them about their services. They may at any time contact the exhibitor or sponsor to withdraw consent.
- Individuals will at any time have the right to require information about the data being held and processed about themselves, and Diversified Business Communications UK must respond to such a request within 28 days.
- We will only collect or process data where we believe there is a legitimate interest.
- All staff are trained to understand their obligations.
This policy is under regular review and may be adapted pending legislative changes.